Thursday, December 6, 2007

Integrity

"Don't justify your honesty by the misfortunes of the dishonest."
A line that came to my mind when we were discussing ethics and law today. I don't know how I thought of this one but it does represent to me a pure if somewhat simplistic outlook to life. Maybe the dishonest do justify their 'way' by looking at the trials of the honest but then its because they need a justification! A person with ethics on the other hand needs to only look at his peace of mind.
Note that I am not stating my own bent because though I believe it to be honest, my mere declaration would not make it so for you. And then that also goes back to the original argument right? Why do you even care? My honesty is for my peace of mind and your honesty is for yours!

2 comments:

Deepak Chembath said...

Nice to see our conversation come up here. Well said on how one's honesty is for one's own peace of mind.

But this peace of mind is not always guaranteed. You cannot be the only honest partner in a relationship and hope to have peace of mind. You cannot rest peacefully saying "at least I was honest" 'coz the misfortune is yours too at some point. I think you get what I mean :)

Deepak Chembath said...

Hey...I can see that the clustrmap has started working.