Saturday, December 22, 2007

Life- my interpretation

"Life is a jest and all things show it, I believed it before but now I know it."
"Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive anyway!"
Two quotes which should be how we treat life. Strong statement but then we really make too much out of this accident called life. I am not trying to be frivolous about God's ultimate creation. All I am saying is that we shouldn't get too carried away by our achievements. My reasoning is as follows:
We accomplish anything because of three factors: 1. Intelligence 2. Luck 3. Hardwork & dedication.
Out of these three the first two are definitely God-given or for the more scientifically inclined- gene-inherited. Thus not attributable to our account. But then most people make the argument that hard-work and dedication is completely their doing. I politely disagree. It depends a lot on your disposition to life which is a function of your nature. And a person's nature is again as inherited or God-given as the other two.
Let me try another logic. Even if we assume that your achievements are your own, doesn't everyone have their own achievements? Their own highs and lows etc. So you are just as unique and different as everyone else.
Taking a step back maybe my thoughts have come out in a jumble. But i hope you are able to make some sense out of what i am trying to convey.
Let's not make too much out of what we do cause in Douglas Adams', Encyclopaedia Galactica the entry for Earth as a whole is "Mostly Harmless"

No comments: